Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From Bad to Worse!!

This day started out with me forgetting my belt, which is a required part of my "uniform", yet no one said anything which makes me wonder how important it really is. I also forgot the kids' cups so I could get them drinks when I picked them up from daycare. After I made it to work my day went pretty good. I got some things done & had some fun while doing them. That is always a plus. So far things seem to be going okay....I get to daycare, pick up the kids & decide to stop by Wal Mart on the way home since I have nothing to cook for dinner. That is where it all goes bad. Funny how that happens when you go to Wal Mart.

We pull into the parking lot, my car sputters & dies right in the middle of the road in front of the store. CRAP! What now? I can't push it out of the way by myself & the kids are in the backseat. Luckily the windows still worked so I was able to roll them all down. Finally a really super nice lady stops & offers to help. She was thinking of trying to push my car with her truck, but her truck was too high. As we are talking a super nice guy walks up & offers to help. He was parked in the very first spot & moved his car to block the way & we pushed my car into the spot. Did not hit the car in the next spot, but I would bet my car was within 2-3 inches from it. I called AAA & decided to wait for the tow truck. Jeff's boss came to pick us up & bring us home. After waiting an hour & a half, I call to check on the tow truck that was supposed to be there within 45 minutes. They are having "issues". The truck that was on its way to me was having steering issues & couldn't manuever around the Wal Mart parking lot. Finally after talking to the tow truck guy, I hid the key, left the car & came home.

If that seems like enough, just wait!!! Jeff's boss had pulled up by the curb while looking at my car. I decide to move Jeff's car into a spot near my car that just came available. I get in & the door will not shut! I manage to hold it enough to get it parked. I get out & try everything. It will NOT stay shut! It was obviously okay while his boss drove it to get me, but somehow it is now broken. I call Jeff freaking out about his door & he says that sometimes you have to slam it. I did & what do you know?? It still doesn't stay shut. It is now being held shut by way of a bungee cord wrapped between the front & back doors. Very ghetto! So now tomorrow I have to take the kids to daycare, take Jeff to work & then drive to work if Jeff's jacked-up ghetto mobile. Of course we have to wait until mine is fixed before we can take his in.

I am just so glad today is almost over!!! I do not think I could handle anything else going wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment